Using Trading Central's "Economic Insight" investors can check out forecast on up-coming economic data.
We are looking into the current week of March 20 - 24:
We can select economic data of "High", "Medium" or "Low" importance, or any combination of such filters:
We are focusing on major economies worldwide, e.g. the U.S., China:
On Wednesday (March 22), investors around the world will be watching closely the U.S. Federal Reserve’s decision on interest rates. According to Trading Central's "Economic Insight", the central bank will raise its key rate by 25 basis points to 5.00%.
Also, Trading Central's “Economic Insight” shows that, in the past 8 interest-rate decisions by the Federal Reserve, EUR/USD rose in 88% of times (7 out of 8 times) within one hour from the release, marking a trading range of 89.31 pips on average.
Other key economic data include:
Monday (March 20)
- Germany’s Producer Price Index is expected to rise 16.7% on year in February.
Tuesday (March 21)
- The Reserve Bank of Australia will release its latest monetary policy meeting minutes.
- Germany’s ZEW Economic Sentiment Index is expected to tick down to 19.1 in March.
- Canada’s Inflation Rate is expected to slow to 5.2% on year in February.
- U.S. Existing Homes Sales should increase to 4.1 million units in February.
Wednesday (March 22)
- U.K. Inflation Rate is expected to cool down to 9.6% on year in February.
- U.S. Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell will speak after the rate decision.
Thursday (March 23)
- The Bank of England is expected to hike its key interest rate by 25 basis points to 4.25%.
- U.S. Initial Jobless Claims is to be reported.
Friday (March 24)
- Japan's Inflation Rate is expected to slow to 3.3% on year in February.
- U.K. GfK Consumer Confidence Index is expected to tick up to -36 in March.
- U.K. Retail Sales may grow 1.2% on month in February.
- U.S. Durable Goods Orders are expected to increase 0.5% on month in February.
Source: Trading Central Economic Insight